RE: 4.1 proposal for discussion

I disagree about putting the actual rules in the advice section - as far as I
can tell the language-specific rules are the criteria you need so you know if
you succeeded in meeting the checkpoint, and they are potentially different
for different languages.

Cheers

Chaals

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, john_slatin wrote:

>I agree with Charles-- I think it would be very helpful for us to provide
>lists of specific recommended practices, with references to the languages
>for which they're suitable.
>
>I'd olke to see those lists in the Advice section, however, with the Success
>Criteria stating more general principles and then pointing to the advice
>section.  This is a practice we've followed elsewhere in 2.0.
>
>John
>
>John Slatin, Ph.D.
>Director, Institute for Technology & Learning
>University of Texas at Austin
>FAC 248C, Mail code G9600
>Austin, TX 78712
>ph 512-495-4288, f 512-495-4524
>email jslatin@mail.utexas.edu
>web http://www.ital.utexas.edu

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22