Re: ftf in Linz success criteria

The fact is that for nearly all messages it is possible to illustrate some
of the text.
Different users will require different symbol sets, and it isn't
neccessarily sensible to attach symbols for ever word.
It isn't necessarily possible to do this simply and easily with current
email, or browser technology.

Guidelines such as we are discussing may well be difficult to illustrate,
graphically, but it is possible:
"This is a picture of me in front of my house" looks a bit stupid without
the picture, I think we can all agree.
We are not - that - far away from such a condition.

As Gregg well knows there are email user agents that do produce
illustrations, and can be set up to do this for any text.

As we are discussing a future draft(2.0) which has no deadline, as yet, it
is perfectly feasible that this will be more nearly appropriate and possible
at that time.
It is important to raise awareness now.
thanks Lisa, sorry to have missed the f2f

It is important that Corporate, and Government bodies provide some pages
that do comply with this concept.
In fact most already do, eg maps, diagrams, photographs etc.

Really, we may need to introduce this with something such as:
Consider whether your users have comprehension and reading problems, would
they benefit from additional illustrations. or
Ensure that 10% of all pages are designed to be understood by users without
reading skills,

jonathan chetwynd