Re: visual and auditory navigation: examples needed

See http://www.mencap.org.uk for a working example, although one where the
user needs to click on a button to make a section speak. But applying this to
SVG animation or HTML event triggers should be reasonably straightforward
(although because HTML's event triggering system is messy in terms of
accessibility it won't be beautiful...) I will try to find time next week to
write a code example.

One of the issues here is whether this should be done by the author or the
browser - people who have talking browsers will have interference problems.
It seems to me a smarter solution in the general case for someone to be given
a browser like websound or homepage reader.

cheers

Charles

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Al Gilman wrote:

  At 08:59 AM 2002-03-31 , jonathan chetwynd wrote:
  >read on action is:
  >
  >read on mouse over, read on tab or other action.
  >
  >I'll be looking into all this over the coming months, but really believe
  >some good examples are needed,  as I'm very unclear about what is possible.
  >
  >Why this is SO important is that many users have multiple impairments.

  See

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Mar/0067.html

  For a long, digressive response.

  Al