Re: /colour/colourblindness.html

2/5/02 6:26:30 PM, jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I imagine what is needed is a validator, so that users can 'see' what
>their page would look like.
>
>thanks
>
>--
>j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
>
>http://www.peepo.com "enjoy surfing the net"
>http://www.learningdifficulty.org

Hello Jonathan,
What I envisage are pages where people with known colour discrimination problems can look at colour samples and
report back on the result. They would identify the type of screen they use, crt, lcd, etc, and tick colour pairs that look
different but not those that look the same. Each result would add to the information displayed and Web site developers
could look to see the contrast required between colours.

Each sample would display the HTML RGB parameter and any equivalent useful to image editors. People creating
HTML could look for colour differences with universal acceptance and those without. If the information is presented as
colour differentials, it could lead to a simple page where people type in their preferred colours and get the problem
combinations highlighted. If someone wants to then take the calculations from the script and place them in to a validator,
I could help.

People creating images would get the general idea but creating an image validator would be difficult. Way beyond my
poor brain. Easier to just have examples of what works and what does not.

Peter