Re: Resolutions on Changes to REQUIREMENTS DOC

There is another scenario. It is likely that people will at some point hand
around a bookmark for the version of the page that they were at. For example,
the "published bookmark" for the page you mean might be
http://moomin.invalid/ and as a user of Netscape I get directed to the
all-singing, all-dancing version at http://moomin.invalid/singing - an
equivalent page to http://moomin.invalid/text

As a user, I would bookmark this page, and send it to someone else. They
would find that they needed the text version to work properly with JAWS and
Internet Explorer, but since there is no way of setting the University
library system to run through a CC/PP proxy that understands how to get the
right page (something that the page publisher had carefully and sensibly
enabled) they appear to be running IE more or less as is.

It is therefore important that one of the choice mechanisms is delivered via
the content, and that that part of the content is accessible.

Chaals

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Jim Ley wrote:

  "Wendy A Chisholm" <wendy@w3.org>

  > At 05:36 AM 2/1/02, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  > >So for the moent I disagree.

  I also have some reservations, but I think they would be covered by
  adding another proviso, about what happens when urls are exchanged.

  If I'm on accessible to me page http://moomin.invalid/text/ and I wish to
  tell someone else of this resource, I must be able to do so just by
  giving them the url I'm on.  Exactly how this might be worded is not
  something I'm up too...

  Jim.