Re: A single URI

"Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
> At 10:49 AM +0000 12/19/01, Jim Ley wrote:
> >CC/PP as described in all of the public drafts do nothing to solve any
of
> >the problems described above - it's still talking about browsers and
> >platforms, rather than users, so you have the same problems.
>
> On the contrary, CC/PP, when used correctly, talks in terms of
capabilities
> and preferences, which are user-centric, rather than just sending a
browser
> or platform identifier.

I'd asked this before, can you please show me where in the public drafts
of the CC/PP protocols, examples implementations etc. there exists
frameworks for describing users accessibiltity needs, I'm obviously
missing everything, or the working group has published something quite
different to what it's developing privately.  Either way please provide
evidence that supports the above so developers can start preparing - some
of us actually create User Agents and sites.

>  This means that problems such as storing a
> database of capabilities for future browsers are solved.  CC/PP,
correctly
> applied, should also solve the problem of non-identifcation of assistive
> technology (e.g. JAWS), since JAWS' capabilities _should_ be identified
> within a CC/PP framework.

So that doesn't solve the need to have a database of what jaws means in
Accessibiltiy terms and all others UAs and ATs - and how do I provide site
developers with the functionality of Snufkin (my own browser, based on my
own needs.)

Jim.