RE: Proposal for 1.5 success criteria

How about this:
A user can change the presentation to meet his/her needs, by configuring
his UAAG-compliant user agent.

It needs some work on the wording, but you get the idea.

The tool to test this is a browser.  You open the page in a browser,
play with the configuration settings, and see if you can change the
presentation without breaking the page.

In a separate test case document, we can list things to try, like:

Test case:
In Internet Explorer, choose view/text size/largest

Expected result:
The fonts get bigger
The page is still usable

We could also create a test user-defined stylesheet, and directions on
how to apply it.

Test Case:
Apply the stylesheet at <uri>
[directions for how to do that]

expected result:
a bunch of stuff changes [need to define what, based on the stylesheet
we supply]
the page is still usable

The author would need to go through the test cases, and verify that the
results were reasonable.

Remember, testable doesn't mean machine-testable.

I don't know of a tool that can test #2, but I think this requirement is
specific enough that someone could write one for a given technology.

I don't think that was true for the old success criteria.  What is
sufficient markup?  How do I tell if content and presentation are
separate?  And, what is content, anyway?