RE: form controls to the left or right of labels?

Hmmm

I think we need to separate this into two questions.

1)  what does WCAG 1.0 actually say.

2)  what should it (or WCAG 2.0) say.

I think that 2.0 should NOT require radio buttons be to the right.  This
is not according to convention -- and often won’t work well visually.

1.0 should not require it -- but the wording may imply that.  If so we
should post a note that the position rule is not to apply to radio
buttons or checkboxes as a requirement for compliance.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors
Dept of Ind. Engr. - U of Wis.