Re: PROPOSED DEFINITION OF "objective"

Bill,

Reading back in the thread and the minutes, yes it looks like that
definition may need more discussion -- but I'm assuming that's why Gregg
put it out there. Seems like a thorny issue to figure out. I'm not sure
what other approach would work better, but suggestions are welcome.

Looks like WCAG WG is trying to set up a re-usable process for making
determinations on testing questions not yet on the table. The crux of the
definition might be who's considered an expert. Charles suggested that, and
so did you. Maybe that's the part of the definition that needs the most
work -- in reading it, I assumed that it would include people with
disabilities who have need for the accommodation in a specific technique --
plus some knowledge of how it can be tested for. But it's not spelled out,
and other people might make different assumptions about who's intended. The
wording in the draft definition says "people who have knowledge of the
relevant tech and test methods" which is open to different interpretations.
One commenter in the minutes suggests "professional" which sounds quite
exclusive, but that didn't make it into the draft definition. Another
flavor I get from the minutes is "technology experts" but again that didn't
make it into the draft definition.

What do you think about "including people with disabilities who have need
for the accommodation in a specific technique -- and some knowledge of how
it is tested for"? Or other ideas? Or a diferent approach to addressing
this issue?

If you want to unsubscribe, you can send a message to
w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org with "unsubscribe" as the subject line. Note that
that's not the same address as the mailing list address.

But your comments are still welcome.

- Judy