RE: PROPOSED DEFINITION OF "objective"

Right,

The purpose of those qualifiers is just to eliminate having people fail
to agree because we picked people who don’t understand what they are
doing.  It is to make it easier to achieve the "objective" label.

This isn't something that goes into the guidelines by the way.   It is
something we use as part of our testing to see if something does go in,
or rather does go in as an objective measure or criteria.   So we
(whomever is doing the testing) will be picking the people.  We/they
just need to pick people who, if they disagree, disagree because the
criteria or whatever is ambiguous, not because they don’t understand
what the question is.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors