Re: First Stab at Set of Principles for 'Minimum Conformance'

--- Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:
The image is visually associated on the page. Too bad
html doesn't have an alt graphic command for units of
text .... Perhaps this is an "until" issue .... So,
for the time being, until it can be done better,
testing if an image is on the page is bare minimum ...

Well, there are people who don't use images well, just
as there are people who don't use words well. The
point is not to discriminate, no matter how fancy you
write the words, they are still a barrier.

> I think a more real world case would be needed for
> me to be convinced
> that it was simple, and I'm definately not convinced
> it's in any way
> testable.

I can't think of a better real world case than the
little ones I work with everyday. Today they are going
to the local Pumpkin Patch ... tomorrow the
Kindergartners will illustrate their experience. The
first graders will illustrate their social studies
lesson, and the second graders will illustrate their
reading story.

But, if you go to
http://users.bicnet.net/~auger/columbus/columbus.html
you will see how illustrators tackle the subject of
exploration.

> I can't find this in the archives - do you have a
> link?

No, I don't save mail that far back. Can't imagine why
it isn't archived.

                       Anne

=====
Anne Pemberton