RE: Combing checkpoints 1.2 and 1.3

Ah in looking is see part of the problem for thinking 1.2 and 1.3 were
the same

in 1.2 it says

"When text equivalents of visual information are spoken aloud (either by
a human or a speech synthesizer) and synchronized with the multimedia
presentation they are called "auditory descriptions." Refer to
checkpoint 1.3. "

This is inaccurate.   1.2 is only about text.  So it should read

"When text equivalents of visual information are provided they must be
synchronized with the multimedia presentation.   ( NOTE:  Checkpoint 1.3
requires that audio descriptions also be provided until text
descriptions can be read by screen readers (or equiv) in synchrony with
the visual track.)

Having posted the last two memos -- I would like to invite people to
find a way to combine these two if we can -- since it would be nice to
do so.   But 1.3 is so specialized it may be hard.     Give it a whirl
though.

thanks

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.