Re: guideline 7.1 about screen flickering (fwd)

At 9:44 AM +1000 2001/7/27, Jason White wrote:
>While agreeing with Kynn, I would add that the user agent (or software
>operating in conjunction with it) is in an excellent position to block
>these effects if the user so wishes. That is, if one wants to take
>steps to prevent certain effects that might be distracting, one is
>entirely free to do so (it is merely a case of overriding the author's
>presentation).

Oh, yeah, no question.  Just as you can say "don't use that annoying
neon green color" so should you be able to say "don't show me that
stupid animated gif."

Most modern browsers can or should include this in configuration
options.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>