Re: distraction: bane or content?

At 8:37 AM -0500 3/12/01, Marja-Riitta Koivunen wrote:
>But we don't say anything about how to use class names, or do we
>now? That would be one thing helping to change the stylesheets when
>needed.

Semantic information shouldn't be conveyed in (X)HTML classs
attributes.  Reliance upon "class" as a conveyor of semantic information
is a very poor choice.  Class really should only be used for hooking
up relationships with CSS or other styling languages and should not
be interpreted to "mean" anything, let alone "mean" what the value of
the attribute/class-name is.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>