Re: Errata for WCAG 1.0 checkpoint 3.1 (i.e. the text in images issue)

William, I don't understand your objection here.  Are you saying that
"next" on arrows is unnecessary, required, or what?  You seem to be
disagreeing strongly with Anne's assertion that "the use of arrows
without a word has to be taught and learned" -- on what do you base that
disagreement?  As she is an expert in cognitive disabilities and
mental development, I naturally defer to expertise in these areas
unless evidence is presented which contradicts her statements.

Do you have any justification for disagreeing with her on this point?
If so, can you please share it rather than copping a dismissive attitude
("please!") which does little to help us create guidelines to assist
web designers in creating sites usable by people with disabilities?

Thanks.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>