RE: Browser characteristics

We don't ask anyone to put their email address on a site because of spam. If
you do that you can get 100's of emails a day.

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Cynthia Shelly
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 7:36 AM
To: W3c-Wai-Gl@W3. Org (E-mail)
Subject: Browser characteristics

Here's my very tardy action item on browser characteristics.  I hope it will
help in our discussion of user agent capabilities on Thursday's call.

I think WCAG 1.0 implies that all browsers support the following

Rendering of HTML 2.0 or greater
Link following via http GET
links in the http:// and mailto: formats
Remember when HTML authoring guides used
to admonish authors to put an email link on all forms?  And, just in case
they also didn't support mailto,  to put a cut-and-paste-able email address
on there too?