Irregular fonts and I18N (was: RE: 7 November 2000 WCAG 2.0 draft available)

Lisa,

At 02:54 AM 11/7/00 , Lisa Seeman wrote:
>Some people have told me about some fonts being almost impossible to read.
>In fact there was some research were a subgroup of dyslexics found it
>extremely hard (or even unable?) to read an irregular font (the letters were
>irregular and differently shaped).
>
>I think that this is incorporated in 3.2, but it is not explained. Should it
>be a best practice in the techniques.

Yes, I think it fits best into techniques.

>I am getting absolutely nowhere with a doable BILI technique.
>
>Al the Israeli webhosts I have been talking to have, well, changed the
>subject fast.
>Open to suggestions.

We ought to talk with the Internationalization I18N) group.  They are
working on a set of guidelines for I18N issues.  I am not sure if all of
your issues are covered, but the draft is at:
http://www.w3.org/International/Group/2000/08/i18n-guide-20000808.html
It is in Member-only space so many of you will not be able to access it,
unfortunately.

--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm