From: Leonard R. Kasday [mailto:kasday@acm.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 6:32 AM
To: Cynthia Shelly
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: Sv: Multiple interfaces - a concrete example

Cynthia,. Just to be sure I understand the comparison here...

You're saying that the web site has more than one form, and each form has
5-10 fields

Are you saying that the telephone menu interface has *all* the
functionality of the web interface?  Or is it a subset of the features?

I ask because in my experience, telephone menu interfaces, though very
useful, have less capabilities than the web counterparts.

Len

> > One is a Web site, with a fairly typical 3-box table based layout, HTML
> > forms, graphical buttons, etc.  It has a lot of information on a single
> > screen.  Each form has 5-10 fields.  It has a persistant navigation bar
at
> > the top, and another down the left side.

<snip>

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/