Re: Please review for this week's call: proposal and process for the "text in images" thread

Question:

For (those rarely found) pages where extensive use of images of text is
justified (e.g. pages that are fundamentally artistic), can the author get
a double or triple A rating by linking to double or triple A compliant
page?   I'm not sure how WCAG 11.4  ("after best efforts, you cannot create
an accessible page, provide a link to an alternative page ...")
since  since its condition is "accessible page" with no mention of
priority.  Also the guideline is itself priority 1... it's confusing to
apply it to priority 2 requirements.

If this isn't available as a general escape hatch, we need to build it into
3.1.

Len

There are some pages, e.g. http://www.rivertrout.com/main.html , that are
fundamentally artistic,where CSS text would spoil

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/