Re: Len's CSS solution for the text in image problem - will designers adopt?

At 04:29 PM 10/24/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Actually, Marshall's example of the CNN web
>site  http://www.cnn.com  supports use of HTML text.

Just to clarify, I wasn't using the CNN website as an example, nor the
Coca-Cola site. I didn't even go look at them. I merely pointed out that
the CNN logo can't be represented in CSS, nor can the Coca-Cola logo, even
though both are merely letters.

If you want to allow the logo to be used as a graphic, regardless of
whether or not it is an image (like a Nike Swoosh (tm)) or text (like
Coca-Cola's special font), then I don't think designers will balk. It's
when you tell them that ANY text in logos must be HTML/CSS that they won't
listen to you.

If we had a disconnect and are actually agreeing, then great.

Marshall.