RE: Are Small Text buttons level 2 compliant

I think that there is a market requirement to be able to have fairly reliable
presentation of content. If there wasn't, I don't think we would have such a
profusion of techniques and methods, some of them really quite expensive and
difficult, used to provide it on a web that hasn't really been built to
support it.

(By reliable I mean won't change in the majority of browsers used by the
majority of people, where the term majority is being misused to mean
perceived majority)

There is an accessibility need to be able to read content.

I think these two constraints are going to stay with us, and we have to work
out how to make as much intersection as possible.

It is worth clarifying that in some cases a presentation will need to be
changed, for example because a person who can't distinguish red from green
may not be able to distinguish the company logo from the background unless
they make a change to the presentation. But there is inherent value in (good)
presentation design, and branding promotes easy recognition which can be
valuable to people with certain types of disability. This applies as much to
the use of a little house icon to mean a home page as it does to the use of a
large yellow "m" to mean hamburgers in soft buns.

Charles McCN