RE: A proposal for changing the guidelines

Gregg,

	Speaking for those who would prefer the pages with heavy graphics, perhaps
even heavier than most pages are now (or at least more meat in the
graphics!), I agree with your concerns. The graphics form must convey the
fullness of the information, even tho it is sometimes difficult to assemble
sufficient graphics to convey the whole story. The goal of dynamically
created pages should be to make the whole presentation: graphics, sound,
multi-media, text, and mixes tailored to the user, all convey the same
story. I suspect that before this can become realistic, authoriting tools
will have to be able to generate the parts from the whole, and flag the
author when a page has insuffucient graphics and/or text. Is this possible?

					Anne

At 04:07 PM 3/12/2000 -0600, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>The bug-a-boo I see is ensuring that the alternative form created by the
>server does indeed have all the information.    I wonder if we could
>generate a set of rules that would do that.   I THINK (but I don't know)
>that the current WCAG does that.   We just need an application note (or a
>techniques doc section or supplement) that would make it clear exactly how
>to do that.   Once that was done - it would be interesting to see if it
>would indicate that the language in the WCAG itself would need change (or
>not) to tune it for this usage.
>
>Comments anyone?
>
>Gregg

Anne L. Pemberton