Re: Reviewer role for WCAG

I think it is useful for a working group to maintain a list of people,
companies or other entities they would invite to review working drafts at
particular milestones (Last call, Candidate Rec).  This takes soem work by
people in the working group.

Jon

At 02:44 PM 3/1/00 -0500, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>A reviewer role is extremely helpful. Although we did not formalise it in AU
>we had seveeral people who had agreed to act in such a way, and the UA group
>also put considerable effort into securing commitments to review from people
>who were not able to be full participants in the working group.
>
>It would seem that if someone's interest is in Authoring Tools or User Agents
>perhaps they should be encouraged to join the relevant working groups (or act
>as reviewers for those groups). I think that there is a need for the
>different groups to review each others' work (in particular AU has a very
>heavy dependency on WCAG) but I think that review needs to be done by members
>of the actual working group.
>
>Cheers
>
>Charles McCN
>
>On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>
>  The chairs and I have been discussing a "Reviewer" role for the working
>  group.  I thought that this had been discussed at one of the telecons, but
>  I don't see it represented in any of the minutes since January.
>
>[etc]

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund