Re: Does the user know for sure whether the page is dynamic or

Scott,

	That would be true only if the *only* disability that affected web use was
blindness. As you know it isn't, and the needs of some sighted folks are
for the very features that exclude or annoy the blind user. During the
summer there was a lengthy discussion of the needs of one of the largest
groups of disabled users, and Jonathan, myself, and others pointed out that
text itself is sometimes a barrier, and that text without the visual cues
(varied size, bold titles and subtitles, brackets and parentheses,
quotation marks, etc.) often render text as difficult to navigate or
totally useless to many persons whose disabilities are cognitively based.
Although my own cognitive differences are minor, I am a very visual person,
and I have difficulty with posts to this list where the words <quote> and
<unquote> are inserted in the text. I have to read the post several times
to get the meaning. My husband, with significant cognitive differences,
would just skip the whole thing as unreadable. Even tho my husband is
"visually impaired" due to loss of one eye and ripening cataracts on the
other, he is graphically visual rather than textually visual. The
guidelines that are supposed to help dyslexic web users do him no good at
all.

	Whether the pages are generated dynamically or statically doesn't change
that fact, unless there is something unique about dynamically-generated
pages that I am unaware of.  If the graphics, multi-media, and visual cues
are absent, the meaning isn't conveyed.

					Anne