Re: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> There is a Priority 1 problem here where someone sends a message where the
> colour is critical, and you are reading it in monochrome or via  text to
> speech. I got an email like that yesterday - I couldn't deduce what they
> meant without colour.

Agree, priority is 1 in the crucial case.
I tried to show there are cases where color isn't crucial.

To me, the guideline isn't specific in defining when color
is crucial/essential/criticial and when it is not. That's
left to the subjective judgement of the author. So, our aim
is to find a wording where the author receives more guidance.

Perhaps the creation of awareness on the issue is already sufficient.
Or, rather then refining the guideline wording or labeling
the priority index, adding more explanation and description
on what/how a disabled person perceives a Web page, is providing
the thing needed. Examples/use cases are the things which can do
that job.

Warner.