Re: No Math and Science Guidelines

To have a checkpoint related to math and scientific representations I think
would be useful to give visibility to the issue.  This is especially
important in educational environments like the one I work in.  If
information on math and scientific representations is burried in a more
generic checkpoint description, it may not be easy for people to find.
Jon

At 11:58 AM 1/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
>As I understand it, things like Math (and Music for that matter) are
>covered by several guidelines:
>
>  Where possible use w3c spec - that means mathML
>
>  Where it is not possible to make accessible version using 'real
>technology' provide alternative
>  Provide descriptions for <everything that is an object>
>
>There is no specific discussion in the Guidelines. I think there doesn't
>need to be - it belongs in techniques.
>
>Charles McCN
>

>On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Jon Gunderson wrote:
>
>  In the updated issue lists for the gl group I didn't see any guidelines or
>  techniques related to math or science.
>
>  Is the intention of the page authoring guidelines not to address these
issues?

>  Jon
>
>  Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
>  Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
>  Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
>  University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
>  1207 S. Oak Street
>  Champaign, IL 61820
>
>  Voice: 217-244-5870
>  Fax: 217-333-0248