Re: Check that a NOFRAMES element exists within each FRAMESET (Technique 6.5.1 ).

Thanks Wendy.  Looks good.

Len

At 06:06 PM 2/18/00 -0500, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>Len commented that the content of NOFRAMES should be checked [1].  I also
>realized that there was a minor technical error in the way the technique
>was worded in the 21 december draft [2].
>
>here is my proposal:
>Technique 6.5.1 [priority 2] Check that a NOFRAMES element exists within
>each FRAMESET.
>Discussion Status:
>awaiting discussion
>Evaluation:
>A valid NOFRAMES element should exist within each FRAMESET.
>The contents of the NOFRAMEs element must allow the user access to the site.
>Not allowed: Telling the user that they should upgrade to a browser that
>supports frames is not allowed.  Suspicious words within the text a
>NOFRAMES element: "upgrade," "full advantage," supports frames," "missing" etc.
>Example of a message to be displayed:
>Does your page work if frames are not loaded?
>Repair Technique:
>Allow user to construct a valid NOFRAMES.
>Test Files and Discussion Files:
>Link to test file for this technique.
>
>[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2000Jan/0059.html
>[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/ert-19991221.html
>
>--
>wendy a chisholm
>world wide web consortium
>web accessibility initiative
>madison, wi usa
>tel: +1 608 663 6346
>/--

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University
423 Ritter Annex, Philadelphia, PA 19122

kasday@acm.org
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday

(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)