Re: Auto checking of priority 1 checkpoints [was: first step?]

Hi Michael,

Another thing I'd really like to hear on the the list of proposals
concerning learning disabilities at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/1999Mar/0078.html

Especially since CAST has folks that are particularly knowledgable in this
area.

Some of these have a repair orientaion, but those could also be converted
into an evaluation orientation.  E.g. instead of adding white space around
logical groupings, check for white space around logical groupings.
Assuming that such a measure is useful of course.

I'll no doubt run into you at CSUN also.  You can see what I look like at

http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday/lenface.gif

Len

At 03:49 PM 3/15/99 -0500, Michael Cooper wrote:
>Let me make a quick response to this from the Bobby perspective. Like many
>of us, I am headed out the door to CSUN and will be able to make a more
>in-depth response when I return.
>
>I like your thoughts on which priority 1 guidelines could be automatically
>checked, and in most cases I agree in the hypothetical sense. Bobby,
>however, cannot check some of those because of the way it "sees" HTML right
>now. There are other things that we haven't had time to add support for but
>should soon. I can provide a list of what it supports after CSUN, and at
>that time can also comment on what I think it will be able to support in
>the future. Hopefully that list and your list would be very similar, which
>means we're doing a good job. There is a need for some work on it and you
>already gave me a couple new ideas...
>
>Michael
>
>At 11:25 AM 3/15/99 +0100, Daniel Dardailler wrote:
>>
>>> With first cut at to answer:  Can these be automatically validated for
>>> priority 1 checkpoints?
>>
>>I like the idea of going over the checkpoints and check their
>>automatisation.
>>
>>But before starting a project of that nature, I'd like to make sure
>>Michael Cooper (Bobby lead) can participate in the discussions.
>>
>>So Michael, can I add you to the distribution list of this mailing
>>list ?
>>
>>Archives are at
>> http://cgi.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/
>>
>>Len's original message is:
>> http://cgi.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/1999Mar/0065.html
>>

>Michael Cooper
>CAST
>39 Cross St
>Peabody, MA  01960
>978 531 8555 x265
>mcooper@cast.org
>http://www.cast.org/

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215} 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)