RE: Call for Review: WCAG Techniques for Specific Technologies wording

From: Bim Egan <bim@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 09:20:26 +0100
To: "'EOWG \(E-mail\)'" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
 +1 from me too.

Bim

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Shawn Henry [mailto:shawn@w3.org]
      Sent: 02 June 2014 23:52
      To: EOWG (E-mail)
      Subject: Call for Review: WCAG Techniques for Specific
      Technologies wording

      EOWG,

      In last Friday's EOWG teleconference, we refined wording
      with folks from the WCAG WG. Here is your chance to
      express any concerns. If you have any comments, *please
      reply asap*, by Monday 9 June at the latest.

      Proposed wording:
      Publication of techniques for a specific technology does
      not imply that the technology can be used in all
      situations to create content that meets WCAG 2.0 success
      criteria and conformance requirements. Developers need to
      be aware of the limitations of specific technologies and
      provide content in a way that is accessible to people
      with disabilities.

      (one correction from the wording agreed upon in the
      teleconference: "conformance criteria" corrected to
      "conformance requirements")

      Background on the issue with new summary and links:
      <https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/WCAG_Techniques_for_Specif
      ic_Technologies_-_Archived>
      Teleconference minutes: <http://www.w3.org/2014/05/30-eo-minutes>

      We'll address the "location" of where to include this
      text separately.

      Thanks,
      ~Shawn