RE: Call for Review: WCAG Techniques for Specific Technologies wording

Looks good to me.

-Howard

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Henry [mailto:shawn@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, June 2, 2014 4:52 PM
To: EOWG (E-mail)
Subject: Call for Review: WCAG Techniques for Specific Technologies wording

EOWG,

In last Friday's EOWG teleconference, we refined wording with folks from the WCAG WG. Here is your chance to express any concerns. If you have any comments, *please reply asap*, by Monday 9 June at the latest.

Proposed wording:
Publication of techniques for a specific technology does not imply that the technology can be used in all situations to create content that meets WCAG 2.0 success criteria and conformance requirements. Developers need to be aware of the limitations of specific technologies and provide content in a way that is accessible to people with disabilities.

(one correction from the wording agreed upon in the teleconference: "conformance criteria" corrected to "conformance requirements")

Background on the issue with new summary and links: <https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/WCAG_Techniques_for_Specific_Technologies_-_Archived>
Teleconference minutes: <http://www.w3.org/2014/05/30-eo-minutes>

We'll address the "location" of where to include this text separately.

Thanks,
~Shawn