      From: Sylvie Duchateau [mailto:sylvie.duchateau@snv.jussieu.fr]
      Sent: 20 June 2013 11:37
      To: Bim Egan
      Cc: 'EOWG (E-mail)'
      Subject: Re: Tutorials review for this week

      Hello Bim and all,
      As I will have no time to look at this topic later today,
      I prefer replying to your email directly in the message
      below. I can add these in a wiki if necessary tomorrow morning.
      My responses are marked with SD.
      Best
      Sylvie

      Le 19/06/2013 19:45, Bim Egan a écrit :
      > At this stage, areas that we would like you to focus on are:
      >
      > 1. How do these drafts work for different roles?
      > For example
      > * If you were a developer, is this engaging enough for
      you to read?
      SD: Each page is short and precise, so I think it would
      be ok for a developer who needs to check rapidly what he
      can do to make accessible tables or images, for example.
      > * If you were a trainer, is it organized in a way you can use?
      SD: As a trainer, I particularly like the images part. I
      think it would be easy to use.
      > * If you were non-technical, for instance a student, is
      it understandable?
      SD: As a non technical reader, I also would prefer the
      way the images tutorial is presented. The tables one is a
      bit technical.

      > 2. We need to reconsider what these should be called.
      Can we have
      > another brainstorm for other possibilities?
      SD: For me tutorials was fine, but OK for another brainstorming.
      > 3. Currently we're using two different approaches.
      Please compare the
      > overall approach used in the tables vs the images
      tutorials. Pages to
      > focus
      > on:
      > Images:
      > http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/app-notes/images/
      > http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/app-notes/images/functional
      > Tables:
      > http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/app-notes/tables/
      > http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/app-notes/tables/th-caption
      SD: I prefer the images approach. It sounds clearer to me.
      > 4. How can we make it clearer that each topic covers
      multiple web pages?
      SD: what about writing this in this intro page:
      http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/app-notes/

      > 5. Each page has links to more info in WCAG. How can we
      present these
      > so they don't detract from people progressing through
      the other pages
      > in each topic?
      SD: I don't understand this question. Could you explain
      more what you mean?

      Finally, I have one comment for the main page:
      http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/app-notes/
      Carousel is a link in the list of tutorials. You find it
      also "carousels" in the planned tutorials. Is it the same topic?
      Best
      Sylvie

      --
      Sylvie Duchateau