Re: For Review: Making Presentations Accessible [Rough Draft] - due 22 March

Thanks, Andrew! Replies below.

* Analysis with scope, etc. is at: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-training#accessible
* Latest draft is at: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/training/access_pres

I added a link to http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/training/access_pres#material

> * Work with interpreter or CART typist.
>  - I wonder if people new to accessibility (or with a narrow view of it)
> might not realise that 'interpreter' means 'sign-language interpreter'?
>  - don't think we need to go into detail

I changed "interpreter" to "sign language interpreter".

> * Caption or otherwise make available audio, including for videos.
>  - I think we might need to say this - not everyone with hearing
> difficulties will be relying on CART or signing. (E.g. you already
> implied lip-reading under "Arrange for good lighting".)

I added: "Ideally, any audio you use is also available in text, for example, videos are captioned. However, if CART is available, that can provide text of the audio."

I think that needs some tweaking, however. Suggestions welcome!

Note that captions are beyond the skill of many presenters and we don't want this to be too overwhelming, so it would be good to present easy, inexpensive options for accessibility here and throughout.

> * Other
>  - the introduction mentions training, which could include hands-on, so
> there may be a need for accessible facilities for this aspect

I don't understand your point here?

The second item under Planning is:
Ensure the facility is accessible.
For example, ensure the building entrance, meeting room, break rooms, etc. are accessible by wheelchair; ensure adequate sound system, including working ALD/hearing loop with sufficient batteries as needed. (There are checklists online to help ensure a facility is accessible.)

and later is:
Consider activities.
Remember accessibility issues with any participant activities, such as arranging sticky notes, small group projects, etc. ... [@@ is this too vague? is more guidance out of scope or will make the document too long].

Does that cover it, or are you suggesting something else?

~Shawn