Essential Components coverage of specifications [was Re: For Review: Accessibility page for beta.w3.org]

Shawn Henry wrote:
> Hi Laura,

>> Also please consider adding the word "specifications" to that sentence
>> to read:
>>
>> "However: When websites, web tools, and specifications are not
>> accessible...
>
> OK. We want to keep it as succinct as possible. We were going for "web
> tools" to include  technical specifications, authoring tools, browsers
> and other user agents, assistive technologies, etc. I'll see about
> getting that in there somewhere.

Hi Laura,

In considering wording, I went looking at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/components.php>

Take a look at what that page says about the role of specifications.

We need to update that page (although it's not top priority right now). If you have suggestions, please send them to:
wai-eo-editors@w3.org

(Note that it's best to send comments on inactive documents to the EOWG _editors_ list so they can be tracked better, and don't clutter the EOWG list.)

Thanks,
~Shawn