Re: [updated] WCAG 2.0 Translations page

Hi Anna,

Anna.Zhuang@nokia.com wrote:
> The page looks good.

Thank you. All with the help of input from EOWG...

> I am not sure the shortcut at the top is needed at all as the page is
> rather simple and so far one can see the bullet list of languages
> without scrolling. I would rather remove this shortcut alltogether or
> at least remove the links from the languages. Also I would change
> "Languages listed on this page" to something that better reflects
> that this is a current list of languages for which translation is or
> will be available.

OK, I will consider this aspect for the next iteration.

> Right now against each language there is a status of translation
> which is linked to some correspondence. Once translation is
> available, how are you planning to organize translations. Are you
> going to replace the current status with some other text that would
> be linked to translation?

For finalized translation the link points to the actual translation.
This is currently the case for Hungarian and Portuguese.

> Then if there are more than one translations for a given language,
> how are you going to arrange them?

By using a nested list, and listing the authorized translation first.
I've done something similar for the French translation, where we soon
expect a "Candidate Authorized Translation" to be available for review.

Note: if the additional translations are for language variants then they
would be listed separately. This is the case for Portuguese/Brazil for
instance. The may also be a Spanish/Latin America some time.

Thanks,
   Shadi