Re: Mnemonic, acronym, name or handle for Mobile Web document

It needs something. "Relationship between Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines" is too long. fyi, for the agenda and such I found myself using: "MWBP-WCAG Relationship" and "MWBP-WCAG Overlap"

Do you hear people saying, "Accessible Rich Internet Applications Suite" or "new technologies to make JavaScript, Ajax, and stuff accessible"? No, they happily say "ARIA".

Rather than think of a jargony acronym, think of a short "handle" that makes it easy to talk about the concept. That is, it needn't be letters from a title, it can be a short word or phrase that is similar to the title. e.g,. the "WAI-AGE" project is actually titled: "Web Accessibility Initiative: Ageing Education and Harmonisation"

Note that it should be easy to *say*. ("MWBP" is not easy for me to say, and "WCAG" is not for some.)

Mobile&Accessible... Mobile/Accessibility... MobAcc - MobiAcc - MobWac - MobiWac - AccMobi...
Let the brainstorming continue... :)

~Shawn

Swan, Henny wrote:
> I'm wondering if it needs an acronym as well. I always acronyms with
> standards or best practice guidelines but not with other documents.  I'm
> finding the use of WAC a little confusing as well as I muddle it with
> Web Access Centre (WAC) which is how my team is referred to and our
> online presence on the RNIB site...but that will just be me!

justin: