Re: Questions on "WCAG 2.0 presentation" approach

hello Shawn and all,

Shawn Henry a écrit :
> I thought PowerPoint would open the Open Office format (.odp), but
> I'll > need to check up on that. I think providing it in an open
> source format is better than using a specific vendor's format.
SD: I agree that using open source files is better, but reading the
approach section did not seem clear to me, that you were in favour of
using open source formats. I don't know either if odp formats are
supported by Powerpoint.

> My personal experience is that most people use PowerPoint for
> presentations. I know some people use PDF and some use HTML -- and
> the HTML users are advanced Web folks. Perhaps other people have
> broader data or different data?
SD: While reading the approach section, I understood that you meant HTML
was nothing wfor experienced presenters.

> Examples of HTML slide applications are S5
> <http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/> and HTML Slidy
> <http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/#(1)>
>
> We looked at using HTML slide interfaces for self study tutorials
> previously and determined that they are not good interface for
> tutorials.
SD: Ok, this point was not clear to me.

> We are planning to *also* provide a straight HTML file: "File Format:
>  ... and a simple HTML with embedded CSS version... Advanced
> presenters will know how to get what they want from one of those 2
> formats". The 2 formats being 1. a presentation format, 2. an HTML
> file.
sd: When I read the approach section, the term "two formats" was
confusing for me. I thought you were talking about PPT format and ODP
format. But if you meant one presentation format and one HTML format, I
agree with that.

Talk to you later
Best
Sylvie