Re: Image alt in WAI process intro

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:16:58 -0700
CC: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Lipkina, Natasha (hp.com) wrote:
>  I vote for Null as the images do not provide any additional value.

In outside world (non WAI documents) this is very true but there is some
value in this case for actually using the alt text to instruct - even
with the caveat that "" is often preferable for the reasons cited in
this thread.

By having our (heretofor left out) little iconic images serve double
duty as visual informers and "micro-tutorials" for this important point
we, and our readers gain.

And as Sylvie points out there is some (however trivial) information
conveyed by the icon which might on its own merit noting.

Love.