Re: WebDeveloper forum on accessibility

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 08:10:25 -0700
To: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
CC: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

Harvey Bingham wrote:

> http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=30

The prominent first article called "Why WAI-AAA and W3 code validation
don't equal accessibility" typifies a point of view we often discuss and
has many of the logical flaws we bemoan.

After stating the premise of the title at some length the author then
proceeds to cite inaccessibility problems - all of which are covered by
the very WAI elements he has claimed don't cover "everything".

Interestingly enough the process for replying to the author requires one
to go through registration hoops, etc. Inaccessibility is largely a
byproduct of pointless exclusivity.

Love.