Re: introduction to CAPTCHA paper -- Re: EOWG: Agenda for teleconference 15 July 2005

At 08:40 PM 7/14/2005 -0500, Shawn Henry wrote:

>>3. Introductory page for WG Note on Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA's
>>    The PFWG is about to publish a Working Group Note which will update
>> the old Working Draft on CAPTCHA's. This will need an introductory page,
>> to briefly orient people to the document.
>>    - old Working Draft:
>>       * Inaccessibility of Visually-Oriented Anti-Robot Tests
>>       * http://www.w3.org/TR/turingtest/
>>    - new Working Draft:
>>       * will probably not be publicly visible before EOWG call, but will
>> cover most of same issues
>>    - introductory page:
>>       * draft will be posted to EOWG list before teleconference
>
>An early draft introductory page is at
>http://www.w3.org/WAI/ut3/intro/captcha.php
>
>Questions for review and discussion:
>
>1. The title of the Note is too complex and confusing.

Note that the document is being renamed with the upcoming release: the new
name is the one that I have indicated in the agenda item, "Inaccessibility
of CAPTCHA." The 2ndary heading is "Alternatives to Visual Turing Tests on
the Web." Sorry not to be clearer.

- Judy

>What should be the title of this introductory page? (e.g., Introduction to
>Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA Paper, or Introduction to Inaccessibility of
>Anti-Robot Tests, or Introduction to W3C Note on Anti-Robot Tests or...)
>- The shortname in the navigation? (Anti-Robot Tests, or Inaccessible
>CAPTCHA, or Robot or Human Tests, or...)
>- The filename? (/intro/captcha, or intro/antirobot, or intro/robot-human,
>or...)
>
>2. Is this draft about the right amount of introduction? Is more needed?
>Or, should it be even shorter? Does it cover what is needed for an
>introduction?

MIT/CSAIL Building 32-G530
32 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA,  02139,  USA