Re: [Draft] Requirements for Before/After Web Site Retrofitting Demo

From: Barry McMullin <mcmullin@eeng.dcu.ie>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:37:29 +0100 (IST)
cc: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Hi all -

Just to clarify the point I was trying to make on the telecon: I
was not suggesting to expand the demo resource in any way.  As
Shadi rightly pointed out, there are tools out there to
facilitate demonstrating different "projections" of the site
under a wide variety of client side conditions.  My point was the
rather trivial one that this comment in the "Structure section":

   5.2 [The good site] Would be the same set of pages and same
     appearance as the "bad site" above

should have a little qualification, maybe just one extra word,
like this:

   5.2 [The good site] Would be the same set of pages and same
     *default* appearance as the "bad site" above

Maybe there is a better word, but that was all the clarification
I was wanting to point at...

My only other comment is again a minor one, that I'd like to
suggest that the "home page" in the bad site specifically use a
client side image map for the very front end site-wide navigation
(without ALT on the AREAs) so that it really fails fairly
catastrophically in the absence of ALT.

Happy coding! - Barry.