Re: [Draft] Requirements for Before/After Web Site Retrofitting Demo

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:29:11 -0700
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
CC: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

As I get further into this it would seem that the original "R" in the
acronym "EARL" (Evaluation & Repair Language) might be what is intended
to become "retrofit" instead of "repair"???

Once the agreement is reached that "retrofit" is appropriate in the
context of repairing an accessibility-broken Web site, then we can go
ahead on. I just don't see it as a better word, but in the end it
doesn't matter if the sites get repaired or retrofitted as long as they
get fixed.

Am I missing something, or did I miss where the decision to use
"retrofit" in place of "repair" came about? If it's already been
decided, fine.

Love.