RE: bcase-social factors for 23 January 2004 teleconference

Shawn, I just took off the red text that I believe can be omitted in this
case.  Below is the text I propose.

Please let me know if you have questions.

"Corporate social responsibility (CSR), also called corporate citizenship
and other terms, is about operating an organization in such a way that
treats internal and external stakeholders ethically, conducts business in
the ethical way, increases human development, and positively impacts society
and the environment. Web accessibility is anintegral part of CSR because it
demonstrates company's commitment to providing equal opportunities for all
people regadless of limitations in all aspects of business.  Each company
should have either CSR statement, policies or program that demonstrate its
respect for all people and commitment to providing equal opportunities.

Below are some of the points that should be included into CSR policies
o	provide access to the web for all employees regardless of
limitations
o	develop accessible information on the web
o	raise awareness about accessibility among employees and customers,
o	contribute to the development of accessibility industry standards
etc.

CSR has been shown to improve financial performance, enhance brand image and
reputation, increase sales and customer loyalty, increase ability to attract
and retain employees, and provide access to capital and funding. "

Thanks

Natasha Lipkina
HP eBusiness/HP.com
Accessibility Program Manager
Tel: 650-236-5409
www.hp.com/accessibility
www.hp.com/hpweb/accessibility
Connecting people to the power of technology