RE: bcase-social factors for 23 January 2004 teleconference

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:38:31 -0600
To: "'LIPKINA,NATASHA (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)'" <natasha.lipkina@hp.com>, "'EOWG (E-mail)'" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

>  Each company should have either
> CSR statement, policies or program that demonstrate its
> respect for all people and commitment to providing equal
> opportunities.
>
> Below are some of the points that should be included into CSR policies
> o	provide access to the web for all employees regardless of
> limitations
> o	develop accessible information on the web
> o	raise awareness about accessibility among employees and
> customers,
> o	contribute to the development of accessibility industry
> standards etc.

Very good points; however, I think this is going beyond the scope of
this document. This document focuses on how to make a business case for
Web accessibility, not telling organziations that they _should_ have a
CSR & Web accessibility policy. That might fit better in Developing
Organizational Policies on Web Accessibility
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/impl/pol.html ). yes?

> CSR has been shown to improve financial performance, enhance
> brand image and reputation, increase sales and customer
> loyalty, increase ability to attract and retain employees,
> and provide access to capital and funding. "

will look at putting in financial factors page