Re: Question: Real use of WCAG Conformance Logos

Hello Olle,

I have done some research on this, over time. You can use a reverse-link
option in a search engine to look at the current status, breaking the
search down by different types of domains and different regions.

In general, currently it is common to see people over-claiming their
conformance by one or more levels, which is one reason we encourage people
to do more comprehensive self-testing, as described in:
         http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/

- Judy

At 05:08 PM 1/22/2004 +0100, Olle Olsson wrote:

>[Is this a good forum for this kind of question?]
>
>Question:
>I was wondering whether there is any statistics available on the use of
>the WCAG Conformance Logos ?
>   I.e. to what extent are these logos used [making claims about WCAG
> conformance]
>   Presumably this could be detected by pure syntactical scans of web
> sites/pages
>
>Non-Question::
>A different question, of more importance though, concerns statistics on
>*actual* conformance to WCAG?
>   I.e. are sites/pages conformant, *regardless* of whether there is a
> claim or not.
>   This cannot be done syntactically [se note in:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG1-Conformance.html ]
>But we leave this for the moment.
>
>So is there any data on  the Question above? Perhaps broken down into
>types of sites (perhaps gov, edu, com, mil, ...) and into
>geographical/cultural regions?
>
>/olle
>
>--
>Olle Olsson   olleo@sics.se   Tel: +46 8 633 15 19  Fax: +46 8 751 72 30
>         [Svenska W3C-kontoret: olleo@w3.org]
>SICS [Swedish Institute of Computer Science]
>Box 1263
>SE - 164 29 Kista
>Sweden

MIT/CSAIL Room NE43-355, 200 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA,  02139,  USA