Re: EOWG: Please review and sign off on Standards Harmonization resource page

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 13:03:49 -0400
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Cc: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

At 12:53 AM 5/17/2004, you wrote: ...
>   http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/standard-harmon.html

Nice work. I approve, though the following  would have helped me

Nits:

Authoring tools

The  last paragraph  is properly written as subjunctive -- don't we wish AT
were followed!
My wistful thinking/diatribe:

The excuse/alibi that AT evolution awaits WCAG 2.0 is getting stale, given
that WCAG 1.0 has been
generally ignored. The long development cycle for  changing AT is also, as
newer releases aren't
much improved in the tools I've tried to use.

Action Steps

5.  unclear   ...(once authorized ?translation? standards policy goes into
effect) XgX
      I find "Translating WAI Documents"
          http://www.w3.org/WAI/translation.html
      which might be mentioned under related resources below.

Related Resources

I believe it needs a pointer to where in WAI to find the guidelines
referenced throughout.

WAI Resources: Guidelines

     http://www.w3.org/WAI/Resources/#gl

Regards/Harvey