Re: More "food for thought" - RE: Web Accessibility is....

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:45:38 -0500
To: <shawn@UIAccess.com>, <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

comments below, prefaced w/ JB:

- judy

At 10:02 PM 1/30/2003 -0600, Shawn Lawton Henry wrote:
>current working draft of WCAG20 says:
>The overall goal is to create Web content that is perceivable, operable,
>navigable, and understandable by the broadest possible range of users
>and compatible with their wide range of assistive technologies, now and
>in the future.
>
>note:
>Some of the definitions we discussed used "Web sites."  WCAG20 working
>draft uses "web content."
>
>the "bare bones" of some of the suggestions is:
>
>-------
>
>An accessible Web can be used by people with disabilities.
>
>Aspects of web accessibility are:
>- perceivable
>- operable
>- navigable
>- understandable
>- robust

JB: good list, but tough words to wade through

>Components of Web accessibility include:
>- Web content (such as HTML pages)
>- Web browsers, multimedia players, and other user agents
>- Web page authoring tools
>- Core technologies (such as HTML specifications)

JB: good list,  add: compatibility with assistive technology(?)

>-------
>
>This might be a good visual for a presentation, yet not robust enough
>for stand-alone information.
>
>Should be an interesting discussion on the call tomorrow...

JB: of the suggestions submitted to the list, i still think that some cross
between blossom's and sarah's might provide the best framework, with just a
few adjustments, perhaps as per comments made to those emails.