  From: karl.hebenstreit@gsa.gov
  To: jmdamour@videotron.ca
  Cc: Judy Brewer ; EOWG
  Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 1:09 AM
  Subject: Re: Final Business Benefits document suite available

  How about the following?

  From a strategic point of view, anything you can do to increase the likelihood that your site will be found and distinguished from others is a positive benefit

  This sentence brought the topic of search engine relevance to mind.   Has there been any research/study that would verify a hypothesis that implementing accessible design would improve the public's ability to find your website (a correlation with search engine relevance rankings)?   I've made lots of contacts within the Search Engine community through attending the last two Infonortics meetings, and could make some introductions.  A good link to the Search Engine community is the Search Engine Watch (Danny Sullivan and Chris Sherman):   http://searchenginewatch.com

  ____

  Yes, I'm still around, although I'm working on some other projects now, and haven't been able to participate as much as I'd like.   One issue that's heating up at the US federal government level is telework.  I'll start a thread on WAI-IG to identify people who have been working on this within the disability community.

  Karl

  "Jean-Marie D'Amour" <jmdamour@videotron.ca>
  Sent by: w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org
  08/17/2001 07:43 AM AST