Re: EOWG: Redesigned flyer to review

Sorry I missed the discussion about the Flyer this morning.

My concerns are:

1) are the contrast ranges between the wash-backgrounds and the foreground
texts sufficient (I can't tell easily with my monitor), and

2) are the font-sizes chosen for the critical content sufficient (I also
can't judge the point-sizes from the images) - I know it ranges from huge
(Tim's quote) to tiny (partners and copyright).  I am somewhat sensitive to
font-sizes now as I have recently begun having to carry a magnifying glass
in order to easily read small print.

In my opinion if the information is important enough to put on the page, it
should be readable: small print (literally and figuratively) should not be
necessary on a public information document.

All that being said, I kind of like the visual impact of the examples.  My
concern is that the design company's drive to increase the "impact" of
the  flyer may detract from readability.  I think that anything that comes
out of the WAI should try to weight its design choices on the side of
accessibility.

Regards,
Chuck Letourneau