Re: Example of implementation plan: corporate - new version

Hi all,

I uploaded the new version of the Corporate Implementation Plan to:
	http://fit.gmd.de/~velasco/wai-eo/ipcorporate.xml
I included Lila's comments from Friday, and the remarks of yesterday's
discussion.
Any more comments are welcome.

Rob, in regard to your comments of Apr 22:

Robert Neff wrote:

> 1. good point on 'buy-in'. it is use frequently here in the united states
> and not sure how this would translate.  the meaning is to obtain approval
> from all departments in a good way before so you can move forward.  this is
> something that you work toward and may have to barter ideas, schedules,
> costs, or tasks to get everyone to agree.  some items may be lsot in the
> process as you obtain concensus.  that may be a better phrase 'obtain
> concensus".

I included these elements with slight rewordings.

> 2.  a major part of implementation plan is identfying the resources and
> stating who needs to be part of this.  another important part is to identify
> the 'asumptions and risks' as well as the 'depencies and constraints'.
> while it is true 'asumptions and risks' as well as the 'depencies and
> constraints' would be in the business case, the implementation plan would be
> read by another audience  (remember the business case is normally for
> directors and executives, whereas the implementation plan is for their staff
> as they are the ones doing the work).  hence i believe the plan's audience
> would want to see resources in there.

With regard to this point, we tried to figure out your "intentions" in
yesterday's call, but it was not clear for any of us. I will appreciate
if you can be more concrete (which parts of the document are you
addressing?), or even participate in the next call to discuss this
point.

regards,
carlos
--