Re: WAI HOME PAGE REDRAFT

Hi Judy,

I checked the new design, and here are my comments:

* I like the regrouping on different categories. What I don't like is that if I select on
one of the main categories of the navbar, it does not take me to the page selected
directly but to the same page where you describe every item. I believe this behavior
should be changed.
* I like the setup of the navbar of the new W3C page. It stands clearly as a navbar.
However, in the new design of WAI's home page there is not enough contrast between
background/foreground, at least in my Linux machines with Netscape and Mozilla-M16 at
both, 16 and 24 bits of color-depth. The same applies to titles. In the training pages,
there is more contrast in the navbar.
* In regard to the use of tables, I don't think it's such a bad idea, because it will fit
everything on one screen, as in the W3C home page. I tested that one with Lynx, and it is
linearized as expected. I don't know about screen readers though.

Regards,
Carlos

--
Dr Carlos A Velasco